A new era is emerging in world of terrorism and the lone wolf is leading the charge. Whether it was Timothy McVeigh who murdered scores of people in the Oklahoma City bombing or Ismaaiyl Brinsley, who executed 2 New York City police officers in cold blood, these lone wolves have shown that they can be just as deadly as any state sponsored terror group. The question is who are these terrorists and what can they be stopped?
There is a common perception that nothing can be done about guard against these attacks, but that is wrong. The fact is detectives and officers on patrol don’t have to sit and wait until the next attack. By adopting a proactive response and strategy, officers can protect themselves and their communities from these homegrown attacks. But it takes knowledge. It takes training.
Utilizing tactics and strategies from the US and Israeli counter-terror methods, Understanding & Protecting Yourself Against Lone Wolf Attacks will cover such topics as:
Day 1: Threat Concepts
· Types of Lone Wolves Terrorists
· Psychology & Motivations of the Lone Wolf
· Radicalization in the Digital Age
· The Terrorist Threat Cycle
· Predicting & Intercepting Attacks
· Case Studies & Lessons From Recent Attacks
Day 2: Proactive Defense Techniques
· Principles of Patrol Profiling
· Patrol Profiling vs. Racial Profiling
· Interpreting Clues from Your Surroundings
· Dynamic Decision Making
· Scenario Drills and Defense Against Lone Wolf Attacks
· AND MORE….
We're very excited about this class and have already begun booking into 2015. If you would like to bring this valuable training to your agency, unit, or place of work, please contact us more more details.
Prepare - Protect - Prevail