The openness of our churches makes them easy targets for criminals and other individuals seeking to cause harm. Even in a small congregation, there may be people dealing with extreme emotional upheaval and problems at home. These problems have the potential to spill over into the congregation putting others at risk.
The key to effective security lies in prevention. In today's climate, our security teams must be able to both recognize suspicious behavior, and deal with trouble in an effective and humane way.
Through the use of lecture, table-top discussions, and practical exercises, topics will cover:
- Current Trends in Church Violence
- Patterns and Dynamics of Church Attacks
- Recognizing Suspicion Indicators
- Dealing with Odd versus Suspicious Behavior
- Principles of Situational Awareness
- And more
"The Key to Effective Security Lies in Planning..."
- Approaching Suspicious Individuals
- Dealing with Mentally-ill Individuals
- Verbal Conflict Management
- De-escalation Tactics
- Dealing with Disruptive Individuals
- And more
Rubicon Training Group believes security is the responsibility of individual. Therefore, some of the content in Session 1 can be delivered to all members of the congregation in a seminar style format. We believe this will enhance the overall security by raising awareness among all members.